Recently there has been many instances of server IP been blacklisted and/or inbox been flooded with bounce emails. Such instances are affecting thousands of web hosting companies in India and worldwide, below is the resolution for same.
– Lot of bounce emails, from emails IDs to whom you never sent emails
– Your valid outgoing emails are been rejected because of blacklisted IP
– Your valid outgoing emails are rejected with message that you have crossed outgoing email per hour limit.
Why this happens?
Your local PC/laptop where your email is configured is been infected with malware, your email login details are extracted and spammers go on sending outgoing emails from their own servers.
You will notice only outlook/email-client configured email accounts will face such issues because these details are stored on local machine.
Your anti-virus will not help much as it can’t remove malware.
– Install Microsoft Security Essentials on local machine where email account is configured. MSSE is free and can be downloaded from microsoft.com
– Change your email account password
You will now see in next few hours, outgoing spam issue is completely resolved.